At Herbert Smith Freehills, we are always looking for talented law graduates to join our Alternative Legal Services (ALT) team in Johannesburg.
The ILDP is an 18-month programme that will offer legal graduates the opportunity to gain employment and work experience through a structured learning and development programme. Training will use a blended approach, including on-the-job learning, classroom based training, e-Learning and individual study.
Throughout the programme, you will gain exposure to complex matters for global clients and become familiar with market-leading technology and innovative processes. This unique opportunity will provide you with valuable experience and a stronger CV, therefore increasing your prospects of securing a Candidate Attorney position, or another role in the legal sector, in the future.
Legal Analysts are part of our Alternative Legal Services team, working closely with Managers, Experienced Lawyers, Lawyers and Trainees across our international network.
What You Will Do
- Conducting document review, due diligence and other fee-earning work as required.
- Providing general support to the ALT Management team in the Johannesburg office.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the Alternative Legal Services practice.
- Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters.
- Attend, participate in and complete all learning and development modules.
- Apply the learning in their day-to-day roles.
- Complete and keep up to date their personal learning log.
- Support the performance and effectiveness of colleagues joining the programme as part of further cohorts by transferring knowledge and skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Law graduate - (LLB or equivalent) and/or a post-graduate (LLM or equivalent) qualification. Applications are welcome from undergraduates who expect to obtain this in advance of the programme starting in January 2021.
- Successful candidates must be available for the programme start date in January 2021.
- Ability to review, analyze and organize documentary and factual evidence.
- Excellent attention to detail; aims to get it right first time.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using software tools intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in South Africa at the time of application and for the duration of the programme.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:14th Sep 2020, 6:00 pm