Aruba User Experience Insight are a Cape Town-based unit of Aruba, whose product is a Wi-Fi performance monitoring sensor. Our sensor was first of its kind in the space and began as a local start-up. In today’s era of ever-increasing wireless network coverage and ever-increasing dependency on connectivity, we are providing vital monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to all manner of companies, hospitals, restaurants, campuses, warehouses, and retail outlets world-wide.
Things to look forward to during your internship: Private mentoring and coaching, lunch & learn sessions with the broader company, pair and mob programming, code review sessions, and architecture/infrastructure tutorials.
Our Engineering Processes: We are agile and have a regular release cycle, which focuses on quick iteration and working closely with our partners. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with Aruba UXI.
What You Will Do
- Design, build, train, evaluate, deploy, and monitor statistical and machine learning models for the Aruba UXI product.
- Work with developers, engineers, product managers and cross-enterprise data science teams to build machine learning and AI-Ops capabilities that our customers need.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to product and engineering stakeholders and drive selected opportunities to production.
- Provide data curation, visualization, analysis and modelling support for business
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have earned a Bachelor’s/Honours/Master’s degree in an analytical subject or other Data Science related tertiary level qualification just prior to your start date.
- You seek out what’s next, always three steps ahead and delivering exceptional results
- You are an active leader on campus who strives to make a positive impact on the world.
- You are fully comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
- You thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
- You have a desire to achieve perfection, but ready to compromise when necessary to ship on time.
- You are a problem-solver, creative thinker, quick study and a self-starter.
- You care about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
- You are eager to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and collaborative environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can work with multiple data sources to retrieve, combine, clean and pre-process data for modelling.
- You have experience in regression, clustering, classification, and time series analysis
- You can work with developers to deploy models in production.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:30th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm