Aruba User Experience Insight are a Cape Town-based unit of Aruba, whose product is a Wi-Fi performance monitoring sensor. Our sensor was first of its kind in the space and began as a local start-up. In today’s era of ever-increasing wireless network coverage and ever-increasing dependency on connectivity, we are providing vital monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to all manner of companies, hospitals, restaurants, campuses, warehouses, and retail outlets world-wide.
Things to look forward to during your internship: Private mentoring and coaching, lunch & learn sessions with the broader company, pair and mob programming, code review sessions, and architecture/infrastructure tutorials.
Our Engineering Processes: We are agile and have a regular release cycle, which focuses on quick iteration and working closely with our partners. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with Aruba UXI.
What You Will Do
- Front-end development of our dashboards: data visualization work, UI and UX design, graphing large quantities of data, optimizing performance.
- Back-end development to support our dashboards: handling big data, real-time data streaming, scaling our systems to handle 10,000+ devices reporting 24/7, API development.
- Back-end development on device management software: handle device configs, package updates, device logistics.
- Dev ops work around CI, deployment processes, managing our systems and servers.
- Device software dev: planning and implementing new ways to test network performance, low-level device security and encryption, device recovery systems, Linux kernel work.
- Hardware development: firmware development, digital circuit design, RF work, manufacturing and production logistics.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree holder with a focus in Computer Science, IT.
- Collaborative, solution-focused and act with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional communicator and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
- Thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
- Problem solver, a quick study, and hooked on web development.
- Passionate developer who cares about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
Western Cape (South...
- Closing Date:20th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm