As a PR Consultant at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K), you will be a highly proactive, creative and motivated individual, with bags of energy and ambition to jump start your career in the communications industry.
For graduates – or fresh professionals changing direction – this entry-level position provides an opportunity to gain valuable experience.
At H+K, PR Consultant receive training in core aspects of public relations activity to support progression to the next level with a solid foundation of skills and experience. The tasks of a PR Consultant span the breadth of PR activity; from researching and writing creative content, through to social media activation, events, and lots of networking to build your relationships with key media and online influencers.
What You Will Do
- Develop and demonstrate a solid understanding of core PR principles.
- Research and develop a basic understanding of clients’ markets and competitors.
- Develop an understanding of the regional media landscape and begin to build a network of influencer and media contacts.
- Take ownership of defined tasks including media and online research, maintaining media and influencer lists, monitoring media and compiling accurate coverage reports, effectively pitching news to media, securing interviews and opportunities for clients.
- Assist with preparation, delivery and follow up of events, including press conferences, media/analyst/influencer briefings, social events and interviews.
- Support product review programmes with attention to detail on logistics and inventory.
- Demonstrate creativity, understanding and attention to detail through the ability to create first drafts of client-ready content, including press releases, executive briefing documents, social media calendar and content, interview transcripts/summaries and activity reports.
- Continue development of language skills for Arabic consultants; including expertise in originating core content for different platforms, localising materials to the Arabic language and audience, and working with the translation team to improve client-ready content.
- Establish familiarity with popular social media channels; how they work, their audience and purpose, the services they offer and what content is best suited to each environment.
- Extract information and compile reports from social tools including Sherlock, Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, LexisNexis and Sysomos.
- Create accurate and clear reports for all channels, such as tracker reports, conversation/topic analyses, ad campaign reports, community management and coverage reports.
- Actively participate in internal creative brainstorms across all agency sectors and apply creative thinking to all aspects of your work.
- Understand the structure and roles of teams in your portfolio.
- Show the ability to accept, understand and act on instructions from team leads.
- Support the work load and activities of team assistants and interns.
- Actively participate in team and client meetings in an appropriate manner.
- Provide support to the H+K internship programme through the buddy role and H+K’s engagement with local universities.
- Act as H+K ambassador internally and externally.
- Build a basic understanding of H+K’s business and the MENAT network.
- Complete Maconomy timesheets on a weekly basis - mandatory.
- Be familiar with H+K’s social media policy and professional practices.
- Contribute to the external marketing activity of H+K Strategies.
- Be diligent in submitting expenses in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for public relations and grow network of media, influencer and industry contacts.
- Progress content development capabilities with a focus on writing skills.
- Implementation of day-to-day publishing work, online and traditional media.
- Take responsibility for part of a client or project WIP.
- Identify and discuss long term career goals with Line Manager.
- Demonstrate professional behaviour at all times.
Required Skills and Abilities
- International University degree.
- Entry level to 6 months’ relevant industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Job type:Internships
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
- Closing Date:18th May 2019, 6:00 pm