Our work integrated learning programme aims to place learners who are registered with TVET colleges and who require internships to complete their training with employers.
This is an opportunity provided to learners who are not in a position to obtain their full qualification, because they have no working hours recorded against their qualifications. The opportunity will only be provided to learners in Hotel/Hospitality courses, with only work experience to provide in order to be issued with their full qualification.
This learnership is a workplace-based training programme comprising both structured practical workplace and structured theoretical training. A learnership leads to a qualification that is registered the South African Qualifications Authority and that is associated with a trade, qualification or profession. The duration of this learnership will be between 6 and 12 months.
What You Will Do
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner.
- Take and deliver customer orders, consistently demonstrating high levels of customer service.
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives.
- Ensure compliance of brand standards.
- Strive to achieve departmental targets.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Comply with local licensing laws.
- Be environmentally aware.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A learner that has completed their theory in any hospitality studies and wants working hours to complete their qualification.
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service.
- Excellent grooming standards.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Ability to work on your own or as Team.
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hospitality Sports and Tourism
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm