Treaty business in APAC is new and has grown in year one. As a result, the need to ensure ongoing service and retention of the renewal of this business is critical .
In order to achieve continued focus on new business in line with budget additional resource is required to support the renewal’s.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a graduate with a genuine interest into the Insurance industry to start their career with the backing and support of the wider business.
To support the senior brokers in both renewal’s and new business for direct client’s across APAC. Also support the placement of inwards reinsurance business.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Preparation of renewal information and slips
- Preparation and updating quoting and placement progress reports
- Placement correspondence and engagement with reinsurers
- Post placement documentation, contract certainty and signed lines
- Ongoing annual service of accounts including queries, special acceptances, endorsements`
- Contribute to new business procurement reports and RFP‘s
- On boarding clients and markets in line with compliance requirements
- Carry out relevant market research
- Be able to communicate with clients and markets in a professional manner
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
- Bachelor’s degree or otherwise experience in lieu
- Experience within Insurance desirable but not essential
- Basic knowledge of Insurance and Reinsurance and a genuine interest to the industry
- Fluent English essential.
- Good computer skills
- Structured thinker, analytical, confident, team player
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Able to work independently and use initiative.
- Highly organised, with good planning/time management skills. Is proactive.
- An attention to detail.
- Analytical and able to solve problems..
- Able to positively react to change.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- An ability to learn.
What do we offer in return?
A career that you define.
Yes, we offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, coupled with the ability to work towards an annual performance related bonus scheme.
What you might not expect is a job where everyone has a voice, where volunteering in the community is part of the day job, and where everyone is encouraged to play a part towards our sustainability goals. We want people who want to make a difference - not just in the workplace, but in the industry and in the wider community.
Our culture: People First
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We are a group with independence and people at its heart and we are a home for talent with a unique culture: the biggest small company in the world
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of the Group; our vision was to create an independent business with a unique culture and one that would survive and thrive as a business controlled by the people working for it. And finding the most talented and entrepreneurial people to join the Group has been and will continue to be key.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Howden we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Actuary, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Dec 2021, 3:59 pm