Howden Donkin, a Division of Howden Africa (Pty) Ltd is looking for an Engineer in Training (Graduate) to gain experience within the Donkin business (sales, purchasing, production and engineering) with the view of being part of the Sales team. This will be a one-year internship programme based in Port Elizabeth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Donkin Sales Team. We offer an attractive package and an opportunity to grow as a Professional Engineer in an international company.
What You Will Do
- Spend time with Experienced Staff to learn the basic aspects of their respective operations.
- Undertake diverse in-house tasks assigned by mentors (as described by their JD’s) to gain working experience of the
- Howden Donkin products, design, applications, manufacture, spares, project management & QA.
- Provide a resource for fan testing to assist the testing department of their daily activities.
- Obtain enquiries from clients ensuring all client's needs have been recognized and supported.
- Compiling and submitting of tender documents to clients in accordance with client’s specifications and or requirements.
- Travel between Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth as and when required.
- Upon completion, be able to provide a simple example of a complete job (tender/sales/production) demonstrating the ability to substitute in a sales role within the Donkin business.
- SOX Compliance: Adhere to Sarbanes Oxley and AX controls.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical Engineering Qualification ( BSc, BTech, Diploma).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Positive Attitude and willing to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer Literacy in MS package.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Port Elizabeth (South...
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm