Between 2018 and 2020, HSBC is investing more than USD15 billion in our business, primarily in growth and technology. This investment is enabling simpler, better and faster banking, while keeping people’s money safe and their data secure. It ensures that HSBC Technology, and our customers, stay ahead of industry, technology and consumer trends.
At HSBC Technology, you’ll be part of a progressive and diverse organisation that has the talent and scale to develop, apply and invest in the technologies that are changing the financial services industry.
- Be part of a collaborative team that takes on the world’s biggest financial and data challenges, builds platforms that support millions of customers worldwide, runs more than 6,300 services and embraces agile working to shape the future and transform the banking experience. On our 8-week summer internship programme, you will explore and find solutions to some of the biggest technology challenges in the financial services industry by getting involved in exciting projects that will give you real insight into Technology.
- You will gain an introduction to Technology and learn about the latest technological advancements and thinking, whilst focusing on key strategic areas such as cloud, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, data and applied innovation; as well as products and services we offer across our international network. This will give you an insight into our different businesses and the variety of opportunities available at HSBC Technology. With our help and guidance, and some formal training from both the Business and our Graduate Recruitment and Development Teams, you will build your strengths so you can drive your career development further.
- With our Technology summer internship, you’ll take part in a range of activities, projects and networking opportunities to provide you with a good insight into our business, culture and how we operate. You will join one of our teams and be part of a project where you will gain real life practical experience and develop core technical and business skills. Throughout your internship, you will be supported by a buddy from our graduate programme, who will support and guide you throughout your internship.
- You will be able to take advantage of all learning opportunities on offer, including our very own Technology Academy, educational presentations and workshops organised by our Graduate Recruitment and Development Teams which will help develop your core technical and leadership capabilities. You will also be encouraged to grow and develop your professional network, both within Technology and across the bank.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Innovative and creative thinkers who challenge themselves and each other, push the boundaries of their thinking, learn from each other and have the confidence to explore new ideas
- Problem-solvers who have the ability to tackle complex challenges in a structured and analytical way, using data and logic to come up with solutions
- People and team oriented and who enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients to achieve common goals
- Customer minded and who understand that everything we do is aimed at improving services for our customers
- Agile workers. Working in a fast-paced environment where everything evolves quickly. Maintain momentum by promoting agile working and ensuring we constantly deliver for our customers
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm