The Hong Kong Student Work Placement is for students looking for work experience with a leading global bank. The placement provides opportunities to gain some hands-on experience over six months, and develop your knowledge of banking and financial services.
Hong Kong SAR nationals from a recognised Hong Kong or overseas university.
|Areas:||*Commercial Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking, and Global Functions|
|Start date:||July 2022|
|Applications open:||25 January 2022|
|Applications close:||7 March 2022|
*Please note that roles will be based in:
- Commercial Banking - Business Banking, Client Coverage and Wholesale Chief Operating Office
- Wealth and Personal Banking - Chief Operating Office, Insurance and the Contact Centre
- Global Functions - Finance, Audit, Legal, Compliance and Risk
We encourage you to apply for this programme as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Be available to work full-time between July 2022 and December 2022
- Preferably undergraduate students from any degree discipline graduating in 2023, 2024 or 2025
- Have well-developed language skills in English (Cantonese and Putonghua would be advantageous)
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Hong Kong SAR nationals who have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around six months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university requirements.
You can expect practical experience that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the placement, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
The placement will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment and to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:7th Mar 2022, 3:59 pm