2023 HSBC Global Treasury Graduate Programme
Whether you are in your final year of your undergraduate or Master’s degree or a recent graduate, we offer a wide range of exciting opportunities for you to start your career with HSBC.
Final year students or recent graduates
You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognised University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate). Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage. With legal rights to work in Hong Kong is preferred. Please note that you can only make one application each recruitment cycle. Candidates should make an informed decision before applying by reviewing the different business areas and location sections on our website.
What you’ll do
Global Treasury comprises a number of verticals that, together, seek to safeguard and optimize the firm’s financial resources, partnering with businesses and entities to open a world of opportunity for our customers.
- We partner with each of the firm’s businesses, designing and driving their pricing mechanisms;
- We are responsible for developing and executing the firm’s capital, balance sheet, liquidity and funding strategy;
- We work collaboratively, with a team-based approach to problem solving.
The business has a number of verticals:
- Markets Treasury - Invests the firm’s excess financial resources in a wide range of instruments, including government securities and certain derivatives. Markets Treasury also manages the wholesale funding needs of the Bank;
- Global Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) - Identifying and modelling interest rate risk, highlighting opportunities and tradeoffs in changing rate environment to support strategy;
- Global Liquidity - Proactive focus and advisory on safeguarding and optimizing the firm’s liquid resources, passing benefits on to the businesses and entities;
- Global Capital - Designing, overseeing and guiding the capital deployment and capital efficiency of the firm;
- Financial Resource Management - Delivering quantitative models and analytics to support optimal asset and liability management;
- Strategy, Execution and Control - Building the strategic operating model and capabilities needed for Global Treasury to achieve its Safeguarding and Optimisation objectives.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, ethnic minorities and individuals returning to the workplace following a career break or retirement, as these groups are currently underrepresented within the financial services industry.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- accepts international
- Program duration
- Closing Date:10th Feb 2023, 7:34 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.