The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we’re leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Actuarial Analyst, HSBC Life.
- Support Senior Manager and Actuary in day to day duties and activities.
- Support and advise the Senior Manager and Actuary on reviewing the Economic Capital methodology, model and result of the company. To provide oversight on the Economic Capital calculation Process to ensure the process is robust and any movement in the capital requirement can be adequately explained. Communication of Economic Capital results to senior management in a layman manner, and to lead the embedding of Economic Capital into business decisions.
- Support and advise Senior Manager and Actuary on reviewing the profitability of all lines of business. Support the development of Insurance Hong Kong's bancassurance in respect of product development, product positioning, competitive analysis and sales incentive design in order to meet the company's strategic and business plan.
- Finance Actuarial, support and advise the Senior Manager and Actuary to oversee and monitor IFRS results of the company, including the reserve, PVIF and reserve adequacy under the Insurance Companies Ordinance. Responsible for review and challenge of the key economic and non economic assumptions for life business.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project management experience, organizational skills and ability to think innovatively.
- Experience preparing or conducting briefings and interfacing at all levels of management.
- Demonstrated initiative, autonomy and commitment to process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically balanced with practical day to day execution.
- Demonstrated negotiation, leadership and problem solving skills.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Hong Kong is required.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 3:59 pm