Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Final-year student or recent graduate
Duration: Two Years
Areas: Retail Banking and Wealth Management – Global Asset Management
Whether you’ve studied a social sciences or computer sciences degree isn’t important, if you have the right skills and motivation to learn about the world of international banking we’re interested to hear from you. Our Global Asset Management Graduate Programme will give you the freedom and flexibility to discover the right route for you.
On this competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four rotations, each lasting six months, with training throughout and with exposure to Investments, Product, Risk, and either Business Development or Client Strategy.
What you can expect
In our Global Asset Management business, we develop and look after investment management products and services for international clients – from individual retail customers and major multinational enterprises through to sovereign wealth funds and financial institutions. Through this programme, you will see how we collaborate with different areas of the bank to meet the needs of these clients.
You’ll gain an insight into HSBC’s 153-year history, in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will have the opportunity to explore each area of Global Asset Management, learning from experts who understand our broad client base and know our products, services and capabilities. We will also introduce you to people of all cultures and backgrounds, support you in serving international clients and guide you in becoming a future leader at HSBC.
What you will do
You will attend an induction, meeting peers and business leaders from across the bank and all over the world, giving you a better understanding of the services we offer as a bank. By completing rotations across Asset Management, you will gain valuable insights into our processes, client approaches, design strategy, product trends and international impact. During your rotations you will discover the importance we place on protecting the interests of our clients.
By spending time across these dynamic and specialist areas, you will start to get a feel for where your skills fit best. Embrace every opportunity and you might surprise yourself about where you can make a real difference to our multinational bank. You will also have the chance to complete professional qualifications.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for curious and dedicated people who are:
- Strategic leaders. Being able to lead a team in a risk-managed, strategic manner is important for ensuring our business meets client needs and we promote the best investment solutions. You should be motivated by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients.
- Business-minded team players. You will communicate with peers and clients every single day, so it is important to bring an empathic, yet professional attitude to your work. Showing that you have a thorough understanding of our business needs is important in giving our clients confidence in your advice and service.
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company that offers opportunities to driven, courageous people. Taking the chance to deliver more effective projects or learn from a new experienced leader will show that you’ve got the motivation to succeed in our Global Asset Management business.
- Versatile learners. Being able to interpret the needs of our clients and adapt to new environments is necessary in solving investment, product and business challenges. Collaborating with various teams is a valued quality and you should be passionate about what you can achieve together.
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you can go into:
- A specialist role, where you’ll help develop our investment capability
- A customer-facing role within one of our distribution channels
- A role in developing our product and client strategies.
From there, you will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you, including progression to an experienced management or leadership position over time.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm