Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Penultimate-year student
Duration: Ten weeks
Areas: Retail Banking and Wealth Management – Global Asset Management
Whether you are studying social sciences or computer sciences is not important at HSBC, as long as you have the motivation to learn about the world of international banking. With our Global Asset Management Internship, we’ll help you discover where your skills lie and how you can make an international impact with us.
On this competitively paid internship, you’ll spend ten weeks being a part of a forward-thinking team, understanding how HSBC connects customers and clients globally with various investment opportunities. You will complete your internship placement within Investments, Business Development/Sales, Client Strategy or Product.
What you can expect
On our Global Asset Management Internship, you can expect to be part of a worldwide network, working with people of different cultures, international clients and diverse teams. You will be working in either the UK or Hong Kong. You will be continually challenged and given responsibility, and will be supported by our experts who are ready to pass on their understanding of our clients and knowledge behind the complexities of working in a multinational bank.
What you will do
You will not only learn about the breadth of the impact of our work, from regional and individual accounts to multinational and investment opportunities, but you will discover the importance behind risk management and data analysis. You will explore how a dedicated and curious attitude can go far when it comes to offering our clients a better service.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We’re looking for collaborative and courageous people who are:
- Strategic thinkers. We might be an international-focused bank, but it’s critical to our success that we consider local strategies, becoming regional guides for our clients. You should be energised by the opportunity to provide better ways of working for our clients.
- Problem solvers. We will task you with a range of projects that will require you to listen to clients and devise solutions based on their needs. Having an analytical and innovative approach will help you to reach solutions faster.
- Opportunity takers. We are an international company offering many opportunities. Jumping at the chance to take on a new global client or a new meaningful and rewarding project will show that you’ve got the motivation to move up to the next level.
- Sociable networkers. You will need to be able help solve customer problems while keeping a level head – a dedication to keeping your clients happy will go far.
What can this lead to?
If your internship goes well, you could be considered for our Global Asset Management Graduate Programme. From there, you will have the opportunity to progress to an exciting role with us.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm