Our Global Banking Internships will inspire you to apply your skills in an international business and allow you to explore your interests within either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking.
Regardless of what subject you have studied, on our competitively paid internship you will explore the work we do in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking by becoming involved in real, challenging projects.
What You Can Expect:
You will gain an introduction to one of the most dynamic areas of our business. We drive the growth of our clients’ businesses through a balance of generating trust and analyzing markets in order to raise capital.
Whether you are in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking you will be involved in exciting projects that will give you an insight into how determination, courageous decision-making and logical thinking are essential to our work and how these businesses work collaboratively together.
You will learn about the products and services we offer across our international network and connect with supportive colleagues in multiple areas. With their help and guidance, and some formal training, you will build your strengths so you can drive your development further.
What This Can Lead To:
Perform well and you’ll be considered for our Global Banking Graduate Programme, where you will specialize in either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking, gaining a further understanding of that business area. You will learn more about our products and services, and how you can provide sound advice for clients. Bring the right mindset and this internship could potentially lead you on a challenging and rewarding journey.
What You Will Do
As intern in Investment Banking, you will get a taste of how we work and advise our clients to support them achieving their long-term strategic goals. Working alongside experienced team members and industry experts, you will develop and deepen your skills and financial knowledge and get a broad overview of the different activities and products offered by HSBC globally. You will work in team on a number of tasks including modelling, pitch books and other workstreams related to the execution of projects for our clients.
Your time here will be challenging and you’ll gain a breadth of experiences and gain a good understanding of what we do, from debt and equity capital raising, advisory, corporate lending, leveraged finance, real assets and structured finance, real estate, infrastructure, project and export finance.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognized University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate).
- Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage.
We are looking for dedicated, courageous and curious people who are:
- Fast learners - You will collaborate with new people on constantly evolving projects to help our clients. Quickly building your knowledge will give you credibility when working with colleagues and solving client problems.
- Intellectual curiosity - Our Global Banking business has a unique breadth of products in terms of what we offer and where we offer these solutions.
- Strategic thinkers - We might be an international-focused bank, but it’s critical to our success that we consider local strategies, becoming regional guides for our clients. This means having an analytical and strategic mind and focusing on client objectives.
- Supportive team players - Teamwork is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Dec 2020, 6:00 pm