Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Final-year student or recent graduate
Duration: Two Years
Areas: Global Banking and Markets – Global Liquidity and Cash Management
Whether you are studying a finance, science or art-related degree, your skills can translate to the fast-paced and international world of Global Liquidity and Cash Management. We’ll support your development in every way.
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four rotations, each lasting six months, across our entire Global Liquidity and Cash Management (GLCM) business.
What you can expect
You will explore various parts of GLCM through four rotations. We will give you exposure to our global network where you will work with people from all over the world who are always willing to be challenged and answer your questions. We are fully invested in you and your development, helping you to navigate the many opportunities to develop the career that’s right for you. You will learn how treasury functions look to optimise capital management, manage their surplus cash, optimise interest earnings, and manage global payables, receivables and everything in between. We will give you responsibility from day one, encouraging you to drive new internal initiatives, present to colleagues and clients, and work with our colleagues across the globe.
What you will do
We enable clients to make payments, receive funds and have visibility of their cash balances across the world, ultimately supporting their growth by helping them make smarter business decisions. You will quickly become a part of the team and will build expertise in product development, business management, risk management and sales, alongside experienced leaders and peers who are always willing to support you.
Whether you know where you want your career to take you or not, GLCM opens a world of opportunities with exposure to large international clients and dynamic projects. Through our global reach, you will be exposed to how business operates on a worldwide scale. We support colleagues’ ambitions to adapt to new environments and apply skills to new projects through international mobility opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated and courageous people who are:
- Active listeners. You will work with a number of different teams on exciting initiatives, so being able to listen to those around you, then quickly absorb information and contribute to discussions will help you deliver projects.
- Strategic networkers. Collaborating with clients, experienced management, peers and our other international teams means you need confidence communicating across different cultures and experience levels. It’s just as important as developing the ability to form trusted relationships internally and externally and to propose new solutions.
- Creative thinkers. You will be involved with projects from start to finish, and will sometimes contribute on an ad hoc basis, so you will need to be able to think quickly and creatively about each stage of an idea. Being motivated and prepared to plan for different outcomes is also key so you can deliver the right one, in a timely manner.
- Fast learners. You will work with new people on constantly evolving projects covering a range of desirable outcomes; cost savings, customer satisfaction, risk mitigation, revenue generation etc. Being able to quickly digest information, and understand your contribution to the overall outcome, will be key.
What can this lead to?
Your experience on this graduate programme will equip you to become a specialist in your favourite area such as sales or products. You will not only have the opportunity to make your mark in the role, but also to work in a way that suits you. There is the flexibility to explore your interests within your field and the potential to progress into a leadership role locally or internationally.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm