Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Penultimate-year university students for internships starting in May/June/July or final-year university students and recent graduates for internships starting in February/March.
Duration: 10-16 weeks
Areas: Global Banking and Markets – Global Markets
Whether you’re approaching the final year of university or you have already finished your degree, the Global Markets Internship can provide the perfect insight into working in an international bank. Regardless of your degree subject, your skills and motivation could help you develop an exciting career in Global Markets.
On our competitively paid ten-week internship, you’ll experience life in Sales or Trading, providing you with a well-rounded idea of what a career in Global Markets can offer.
What you can expect
Global Markets at HSBC provides Sales and Trading services to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide.
You’ll work alongside industry specialists, learning how the different areas of Global Markets work together to serve the broad range of needs of our clients. You’ll collaborate with a diverse community of peers who will encourage you to succeed. Our programme of training, delivered through interactive presentations, case studies and workshops, will help you keep up to date with the fast-paced environment of Global Markets. We look for determination and courageous thinking, and we'll reward your efforts with mutual support and a clear path for your future.
What you will do
After an induction, including tailored technical training, you’ll have the chance to explore your interests in either Sales or Trading by working on a project or a number of transactions. In Sales, you’ll be taught how to form lasting client relationships and you’ll build communication skills by presenting market views and investment solutions. In Trading, you’ll help find solutions for clients and keep them updated on the latest project news and progress. You’ll also report back to the sales team, showing an ability to understand the dynamics of our business.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
You will get the opportunity to take great responsibility, while building on your personal and professional skills. We’re looking for:
- Inquisitive minds. You should always be questioning ideas and curious to learn more about our products and services, enabling us to meet our clients’ evolving needs.
- Good networkers. We encourage you to work with clients, experienced management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be confident when communicating and show courage when presenting.
- Opportunity takers. We’re an international company with opportunities around the globe. Jumping at the chance to take on a challenging, yet rewarding project will show you’ve got the motivation to progress to the next level.
- Team players. We encourage our people to work together. This means collaborating with colleagues to learn more about our products, asset classes and how to best interact with clients. Being able to work well in a team will help take your career further.
What can this lead to?
Perform well and we'll consider you for our Global Markets Graduate Programme, where in your first year, you can use rotations to explore a selection of our Sales and Trading desks. Then you can specialise in an area you are passionate about, working to develop into a future leader on the trading floor and even beyond, in our international and ever-changing bank.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm