Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Final-year student or recent graduate
Duration: Two Years
Areas: Global Private Banking
University is almost behind you, but do you know where you want your future to take you? Our two-year Global Private Banking Graduate Programme will help you explore and discover where you fit in within this international business.
On this two-year, competitively paid graduate programme, you will complete rotations across various divisions, including, but not limited to; Relationship Management, Investment Product and Services, Credit Advisory, Private Wealth Solutions, Business Management and Client Lifecycle Management.
What you can expect
In our Private Banking business, you can expect to build an international network and a commercial mindset and expertise, all while getting exposure to our diverse, high net-worth client base. It is a fast-paced, dynamic and competitive atmosphere, so keeping a level head and getting involved wherever you can will really help you kickstart your career. You can also expect to be working closely with our Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Global Banking and Markets businesses, helping you to build relationships with people who are willing to pass on knowledge and make your experience even more beneficial to your career.
Our Graduates Alumni network around the Americas, Europe and Asia will be available for you so you can interact with like-minded colleagues. An international trip will give you exposure to our main business centres. A buddy, mentor and career coach will be assigned to help you navigate within the business and build on your career and future.
What you will do
Whether you have come from a degree in finance, marketing, science, business or beyond, we will provide you with work that develops your individual capabilities and exposes you to the world of private banking. You will learn how to build relationships with clients and colleagues by working closely with our experienced management, putting together wealth management strategies, participating in advising clients on their wealth planning and investments, and working as a team to come up with creative ideas that strive to make our services better. It is an exciting time for Global Private Banking as we expand our international footprint. You will encounter fresh challenges and opportunities to drive your professional and personal development.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We’re looking for:
- Curious learners. You are eager to challenge the status quo, learn and listen in order to build relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition.
- Flexible team players. Our business is international and you will be working with people from all backgrounds and cultures. You should adapt your style to different people and environments in a professional, considered and constructive manner.
- Confident advisers. You will learn how to advise clients and businesses on what is best for them and you will need to have conviction in your suggestions. We will support you in building the confidence and expertise to meet clients’ needs.
- Patient listeners. In Global Private Banking, gaining the knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to succeed takes time. You will work with experienced professionals to see how you can progress at your own pace.
What can this lead to?
Upon successful completion of the programme, the skills you develop will give you the potential to move into various roles such as:
- Relationship Manager Analyst
- Investments Counsellor Analyst
- Product Specialist
- Business Manager
- Credit Adviser
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm