Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Penultimate-year student
Duration: Ten – twelve weeks
Areas: Global Private Banking
Now you are in your penultimate year, you are probably starting to think about your career options and what you may want to do after university. Our Global Private Banking Internship can help with this decision by giving you a taste for life in roles such as a Relationship Manager, Investment Counsellor Analyst, Credit Advisory Analyst or Product Specialist.
Our competitively paid internship is ten - twelve weeks in duration. During this time, you will take part in practical and interpersonal skills training, while getting to know how our Private Banking business operates. It'll give you a good idea of what life could be like as a graduate at HSBC.
What you can expect
You can expect to build an international network and broad knowledge of our product offering while getting exposure to our diverse, high net-worth client base. It is a fast-paced, dynamic and competitive atmosphere, so getting involved wherever you can will give you the insight you need to help you decide whether a career in Private Banking is right for you.
You will also see how the business works closely with other areas of HSBC, including our Commercial Banking, Retail Banking and Wealth Management, and Global Banking and Markets businesses. This will help you to build relationships with people who are willing to pass on knowledge and make your experience even more beneficial to your career.
What you will do
No matter which degree discipline you are studying, we will provide you with work that will introduce you to the world of Private Banking. Here, you will gain an understanding of wealth management strategies, explore the Private Banking portfolio, and learn to build relationships with clients and colleagues by working closely with our experienced Management teams. It is an exciting time for Global Private Banking as we expand our international footprint. You will encounter fresh challenges and opportunities to drive your professional and personal development.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for those who are:
- Curious learners. Our internship is all about immersing yourself in what we have to offer. We encourage you to learn and listen as much as you can in order to build relationships based on mutual respect. This will not only help you to understand what we do, but will help you on your way to become an expert in it too.
- Flexible team players. Our business is international and you will be working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. You should adapt your style to different people and environments in a professional, considered and constructive manner, forming strategies to help you find better ways of doing things together.
- Confident advisers. You will start your learning journey on how to advise clients and businesses on what is best for them. We will support you in building the expertise to meet clients’ needs. But ultimately, you take ownership over what you learn.
- Patient listeners. In Global Private Banking, gaining the knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to succeed takes time. You will work with experienced professionals to see how you can progress at your own pace.
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, we will consider you for our Global Private Banking Graduate Programme, where you will build an international network and become fully immersed in our services. It’s just the start of an exciting career where you can work on important projects and work with people from all over the world.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm