Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Penultimate-year student
Duration: Ten weeks
Areas: Global Banking and Markets – Global Research
Regardless of what you’re studying at university, on our Global Research Internship you will learn about a range of areas, from data analysis to meeting complex business objectives, allowing you to build the in-depth experience you need for a successful career in research.
On our competitively paid ten-week internship, you will explore what it means to work in Global Research at HSBC, learning about macroeconomic, sector and company-specific research, and how they affect our international clients.
What you can expect
Our award-winning Global Research team combines local insights, global connections and professional integrity to deliver the best investment opportunities to our clients through fundamental analysis and thought-provoking ideas.
On this internship, you will discover how important that research is and how it plays a vital role in ensuring our clients trust us to deliver the best outcomes for their business. You will work with a team of professionals who will help you understand how those insights benefit our clients.
What you will do
We welcome top graduates who are motivated and curious about our business. Staying aware of market news, economic data releases and day-to-day news flows will be critical to your success. By learning about macroeconomic, sector and company-specific research, you will gain an insight into the analytical methods and processes we use and how each type of research has a different purpose.
You will shadow research analysts and economists to understand how to use our research tools. You will understand the scale of our global presence as you meet peers from across our worldwide network.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated, collaborative and motivated people who are:
- Committed researchers. We run a business where markets and client needs are constantly changing. You should always be curious, questioning ideas and showing a keen interest in learning about our methods.
- Inquisitive learners. You should never be afraid to ask if you don’t know. Being inquisitive, courageous and always hungry for knowledge will help you in becoming a successful researcher.
- Analytical thinkers. Having a good eye for detail and a mind for analysing data will give you an edge over the competition. It’s equally important to understand your clients and help them make decisions that are best for them.
- Team players. We encourage our people to work together to learn more about market products, asset classes and how to build the right research around these. Being able to work well in a team will help broaden your career options.
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you could be considered for our Global Research Graduate Programme, where you will learn in greater depth about macroeconomic, sector and company-specific research. You will have the opportunity to be placed into a more specialised role that suits your personality and skills, working alongside like-minded colleagues who also enjoy backing up client decisions with solid data.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm