Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Final-year student or recent graduate
Duration: Two Years
Areas: Global Banking and Markets, HSBC Securities Services
As an international bank, we want to help you discover the world of finance. So whatever subject you are studying, why not explore where your strengths and interests fit best on our two-year HSBC Securities Services Graduate Programme. This programme enables graduates to explore the entire end-to-end HSBC Securities Services business from Digital & Data through to Sales, providing you with a unique opportunity to develop your skills and network, and set you up for future success within HSBC Securities Services.
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will complete four, six month rotations, with the possibility for top-performing graduates to complete one of these rotations internationally.
What you can expect
We lead one of the world’s largest and strongest securities services businesses. By joining our programme, you will help to deliver regional and international services and demonstrate your ability to handle end-to-end transactions and protect our clients’ interests. You can also expect to gain exposure to our experienced leaders and build the skills that you will need to become a future leader yourself.
By introducing you to management teams and previous graduates, you will gain an invaluable insight into how and where you can progress. You will be allocated an experienced mentor who will help you navigate the organisation and can provide guidance on both your current role and your future career plans.
You should bring a determination to do more for our customers, a curiosity for cross-border operations and the motivation to succeed. Our graduates will have the chance to present ideas on how we can meet the needs of clients worldwide, which include asset owners and managers, banks and broker dealers and corporates. Top-performing graduates will also have the opportunity to complete an international rotation.
What you will do
Over the course of your two years with us, you will take on four rotations, developing your commercial awareness, strategic expertise and client management skills. You will pursue new challenges every day helping to protect your clients’ positions in the marketplace. And from custody services and investment operations to fund administration and issuer services, you can aspire to improve existing activities from a sales, product, strategy and operations perspective.
You will be involved in a range of projects that will require you to think about how we can tailor our services to our clients, helping to support their growth and secure their market position. With training throughout your programme, you will be fully prepared for the variety of challenges that lie ahead.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated and curious people who are:
- Active listeners. Being able to listen to those around you and adapt to your surroundings will help you deliver projects that meet objectives and demonstrate you have managed your time well.
- Good networkers. We encourage you to collaborate with clients, experienced management, peers and our international teams. This means you should be confident when communicating, show courage when presenting and be the face of HSBC for our clients.
- Diverse thinkers. You could be doing anything from strategic research and product analysis to internal communications and competitor evaluations. This means you should be able to think creatively and broadly about how we can offer better services.
- Adaptable communicators. This programme could offer top performers the chance to travel overseas for one of your rotations. For this, you should be able to adapt to the differences this will bring – culturally and economically – and communicate with the new people you meet.
What does this lead to?
After completing this programme, you can become a specialist in one of many different areas including sales, product, strategy, operations or change management. With the flexibility to explore your interests within your field and the potential to become one of our leaders of tomorrow, our diverse and specialised Securities Services business offers a broad range of opportunities.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm