Global graduate programmes
We welcome graduates who will bring fresh perspectives and knowledge across our different global business areas. These programmes are designed to stretch and challenge you while working with supportive colleagues. You will gain the skills you need to progress your career and contribute to HSBC’s continuing success.
For: Penultimate-year student
Duration: Minimum of eight weeks
Areas: Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Get ahead of your peers before your final year of university by getting digital banking experience under your belt. Regardless of your degree discipline, we are interested in how your talents and skills will drive your career within our business. With our Retail Banking and Wealth Management Digital Internship, you will put your skills to work and pick up new ones, while getting a taste for life in an international bank.
On our paid Digital Internship, depending on which location you choose, you’ll spend a minimum of eight weeks gaining insights into how our business works. As part of our team, you will learn about customer needs and experiences; product delivery and marketing cycles; innovation and partnerships; risk and compliance, and what their requirements are in a digital world.
What you can expect
With our Digital Internship being held in mainland China and Hong Kong, you can expect an immersive experience that goes back to our roots. With mainland China being one of our fastest-growing markets, you will gain exposure to projects that influence the direction of digital in this area. Along with a supportive line manager and opportunities to get involved with business and social events, this is your chance to explore your options before heading into the world of work.
What you will do
On your internship, you’ll not only gain an introduction to the complex nature of Retail Banking and Wealth Management, but you’ll also become involved in a team project. You will learn the importance of digital advancements and the impact they have on our millions of customers. You’ll evolve the skills you are passionate about, along with the necessary qualities needed for customer service and leadership. Whatever subject you may be studying now, we’re certain you'll find a path that is right for you.
Required Skills and Abilities
Who does this suit?
Do you want to make your mark on a digitally evolving industry? Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Team players. At HSBC, we do things together to enable us to deliver the best solutions for our customers. That means being dedicated and able to collaborate: to listen to, and voice ideas and opinions that could develop our services.
- Agile workers. You’ll work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll maintain momentum by promoting flexible working and ensuring we constantly deliver an improved customer experience in our markets.
- Digital opportunists. Be curious and motivated to explore new innovations using your skills to identify areas where we can build an edge over our competitors.
- Diverse thinkers. Be courageous about bringing new ideas to the table and share your enthusiasm for improving our services.
What can this lead to?
If your internship goes well, you’ll be considered for our Digital Graduate Programme. From there, you’ll have the opportunity to progress to a role in Retail Banking and Wealth Management – where you can impact how technology plays its part in the world of banking.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2019, 6:00 pm