The Singapore Student Work Placement is for students looking for work experience with a leading global bank. The placement provides opportunities to gain some hands-on experience over twelve weeks, and develop your knowledge of banking and financial services.
Singapore nationals from a recognised Singapore or overseas university. Preferably first or second year undergraduate students, from any degree disciplines, graduating in 2023,2024 or 2025
* Wealth and Personal Banking, Global Banking & Markets, Commercial Banking, Global Functions and Digital Business Services
|Start date:||May 2022|
|Applications open:||6 December 2021|
|Applications close:||28 February 2022|
*Please note that roles will be based in:
- Wealth and Personal Banking - Global Asset Management, Network, Customer Value & Contact Centre Business, HSBC Life and Global Private Banking
- Global Banking & Markets - Global Banking, Markets & Securities Services and Wholesale Client Services
- Commercial Banking - Business Banking and International Subsidiary Banking
- Global Functions - Risk, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Human Resource and Finance
- Digital Business Services -Operations, Technology and Key Central Business Services
We encourage you to apply for this programme as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you must:
- Be available to work full-time from May 9, 2022 for a duration of 12 weeks
- First or Second year undergraduate students from a recognised Singapore university of any degree discipline; graduating in 2023, 2024 or 2025
- Have good academic standing of at least a second-class honors degree
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have good learning attitude and pleasant personality to work with multiple stakeholders
- Be proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have to be fluent in English
- Have legal right to work in Singapore
- View the attached full list of Student Work Placement positions, job descriptions and corresponding job codes
- Submit your application and indicate your desired position’s job code when completing the questionnaire at the end of the application.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around 12 weeks and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university requirements.
You can expect practical experience that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the placement, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
Learning, development and support
The placement will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment and to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2022, 3:59 pm