Some careers grow faster than others - If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Whether your degree relates to finance, science or the arts there is a place for you on our Global Banking Graduate Programme. Your skills and fresh ideas will help you establish an exciting career in a Corporate Banking or Investment Banking role.
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will work towards a successful career in either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking.
What You Can Expect:
Our Global Banking business is one of the largest investment banking businesses of its kind. We offer 24-hour coverage of local markets and provide a full range of banking services to our clients. You can expect to work on exciting projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and interact with clients and colleagues from around the world. Whether you choose Corporate Banking or Investment Banking you can explore innovative solutions for our clients.
Global Banking manages HSBC’s largest clients and delivers comprehensive solutions to complex strategic and capital market challenges. You will trade ideas and strategies, and interact with a broad range of clients, from multinational corporates to private equity firms. It’s a career choice that requires dedication, but one that will give you many rewards in return.
What This Can Lead To:
If you succeed here, you could continue the work you’re doing in Corporate Banking or Investment Banking where you’ll have the opportunity to take your career in a number of directions. This may include taking on international opportunities or working across multiple products and geographies, while feeding your curiosity and developing an understanding of how we can best serve our clients.
What You Will Do
You will stretch your own capabilities, challenge the status quo, strive to take your learning to the next level and improve services for our clients. Over your two-year programme, you will gain a good sense of where your skills fit best in either Corporate Banking or Investment Banking and how these businesses collaborate together.
In Corporate Banking, you will gain first-hand experience of how our relationship managers, working closely with our product specialists, create innovative solutions to meet the banking needs of our largest corporate and institutional clients. You will have the opportunity to understand how we build sustainable trusted relationships with our clients, gain a great overview of the breadth of products HSBC can offer and see how we respond to our clients’ need by deploying these products into tailored solutions across multiple countries. You will learn how we can incorporate ESG into our client solutions, ranging from sustainable supply chains to raising green bond. You will also see how we help the Bank manage the risk inherent in our business ranging from credit, reputational to financial crime.
In Investment Banking, you will have the opportunity to work closely with clients to understand their long-term strategic goals and needs. As part of the deal team, you will be delivering tailored financial and advisory solutions designed to meet the specific needs of our client whether it is a corporate, financial institution or a public-sector entity. You could be responsible for financial statement analysis, developing valuation and debt models, preparing client pitches and looking after the execution of our mandates. It’s a fast-paced and dynamic environment that requires a thirst for knowledge, commitment to excellence with an international perspective. You will quickly gain experience and leadership to be able to participate to the commercial objectives of the relevant business lines. You will be fully part of the team and become responsible for various tasks to contribute to the team objectives. You will be able to develop a number of skills, including technical ones but also commercial and client capabilities. You will have the opportunity to get exposure to senior people whilst enjoying the experience of having a class of people in your year supporting you in your everyday job.
Whether you are involved in Capital Markets (Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Leveraged & Acquisition Finance), Lending & Portfolio Management (Real Assets & Structured Finance) or Advisory and Investment Banking Coverage (Corporates, Financial Institutions Group, Financial Sponsors Group, Real Assets Group and M&A), Investment Banking offers you the opportunity to make a real impact.
Our Graduate Programme will help you to develop a broad range of technical and transferable skills through a tailored development plan that supports your individual strengths. After completion of the Programme you may have the opportunity for a six-month international assignment to help advance your professional development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a GPA of at least 4.0 / 5.0 or 3.2 / 4.0 (as appears on your official university transcript or degree certificate), or overseas equivalent to this.
- You are fluent in English.
We are looking for dedicated and courageous people who are:
- Passionate role models - Being able to inspire, lead, manage and listen to both individuals and teams is important in building relationships that encourage mutual respect. Looking to the future for our clients is what keeps us ahead of our competition.
- Dedicated multi-taskers - You might be working on several projects at any one time, meaning you should prioritize and manage your time, while keeping on top of constantly changing markets. Adhering to the rules and regulations we have will ensure you deliver the right results for multiple projects.
- Supportive team players - Teamwork is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you to solve problems quickly and start to build a network of peers who are there to support you and be supported too.
- Opportunity takers - We are an international company that can offer opportunities to motivated, courageous people. Taking on a challenging project will not only be rewarding but will also show that you have the power to explore your interests and drive your career growth.
- Intellectual curiosity - Our Global Banking business has a unique breadth of products in terms of what we offer and where we offer these solutions.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm