Some careers grow faster than others - If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Our Global Private Banking Internship is located within our Wealth and Personal Banking global business. This internship can help you think about your careers options in Wealth by giving you a taste for life in roles such as a Relationship Manager Analyst, Associate Investment Counsellor, Credit Advisory Analyst or Product Specialist.
During our competitively paid internship, you will take part in practical and interpersonal skills training, while getting to know how our Private Banking business operates. It'll give you a good idea of what life could be like as a graduate at HSBC, and beyond.
What You Can Expect:
You can expect to build an international network and broad knowledge of our product offering while getting exposure to our diverse, high net-worth client base. It is a fast-paced, dynamic and competitive atmosphere, so getting involved wherever you can give you the insight you need to help you decide whether a career in Private Banking is right for you.
You will also see how the business works closely with other areas of HSBC, including our Commercial Banking, and Global Banking & Markets businesses. This will help you to build relationships with people who are willing to pass on knowledge and make your experience even more beneficial to your career.
What This Can Lead To:
If you excel here, we will consider you for our Global Private Banking Graduate Programme, where you will build an international network and become fully immersed in our services. It’s just the start of an exciting career where you can work on important projects and work with people from all over the world.
What You Will Do
No matter what degree discipline you are studying, we will provide you with work that will introduce you to the world of Private Banking. Here, you will gain an understanding of wealth management strategies, explore the Private Banking portfolio, and learn to build relationships with clients and colleagues by working closely with our Lead Management teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a GPA of at least 4.0 / 5.0 or 3.2 / 4.0 (as appears on your official university transcript or degree certificate), or overseas equivalent to this.
- You are fluent in English.
We are looking for those who are:
- Curious learners - Our internship is all about immersing yourself in what we have to offer. We encourage you to learn and listen as much as you can in order to build relationships based on mutual respect. This will not only help you to understand what we do but will help you on your way to become an expert in it too.
- Flexible team players - Our business is international, and you will be working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. You should adapt your style to different people and environments in a professional, considered and constructive manner, forming strategies to help you find better ways of doing things together.
- Confident advisers - You will start your learning journey on how to advise clients and businesses on what is best for them. We will support you in building the expertise to meet clients’ needs. But ultimately, you take ownership over what you learn.
- Patient listeners - In Global Private Banking, gaining the knowledge, experience and understanding to be able to succeed takes time. You will work with experienced professionals to see how you can progress at your own pace.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm