Some careers grow faster than others - If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
The breadth of opportunities within our Markets & Securities Services Graduate Programme means that, whatever your degree subject, your skills and passion have a place within our business. In Markets & Securities Services, the combination of world-class services, global reach and industry experts ensures this is an exciting place to build your career.
On our competitively paid two-year graduate programme, you will experience life in Sales, Trading or Global Research adding your voice and ideas to these areas of our Markets & Securities Services business.
What You Can Expect:
Markets & Securities Services at HSBC provides Sales, Trading and Global Research services to major government, corporate and institutional clients worldwide. On this rotational programme, you will be challenged, relied on and supported every step of the way.
Our global network gives you the advantage of being able to connect with leaders, industry professionals and peers from all over the world, across multiple divisions. They are on hand to give you advice about multi-asset services and market-leading products. Our strong position in the global markets gives you an established platform to start building your career.
What This Can Lead To:
Following the graduate programme, you could go into a specialist role within Sales, Trading or Global Research. Because Markets & Securities Services operates across more than 50 markets, that role could take you anywhere. It could give you the chance to progress to become a senior leader in your field or even the opportunity to travel halfway across the world.
What You Will Do
We welcome top graduates from a diverse range of degree disciplines. Bring your skills and hard-working attitude and we will invest in building your confidence and capabilities in either Sales, Trading or Global Research.
In Sales - you will:
- Form trusted client relationships.
- Bring ideas to the table on how we can create solutions that meet client needs.
- Have a client focused intensity, helping with everything from lending and hedging solutions to giving them access to our electronic platforms.
In Trading - you will:
- Learn how to price securities and manage risk from trades.
- Get hands-on experience across a broad range of products in various teams.
- Build an understanding of how and why markets move.
- Learn about our global presence and how it affects small business to multinational clients.
In Global Research - you will:
- Become part of a team of Global Research experts, realizing the importance of keeping on top of market news, economic data releases and day-to-day news flows.
- Learn about macroeconomic, sector and company-specific research and how these affect the services we offer our clients.
- Familiarize yourself with our trade strategies, business targets and analytical methods, working with research analysts and economists to understand how we use these tools.
Throughout your programme you will have the opportunity to complete rotations across Markets & Securities Services – within Sales, Trading or Global Research or all three. Developing your breadth of experience is important to us, as well as your ability to serve our clients, as it ensures you gain an understanding of how all of these areas operate. It will also help you decide where you’d like to develop your skills and pursue a career, after the programme.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You will have obtained or will be working towards a GPA of at least 4.0 / 5.0 or 3.2 / 4.0 (as appears on your official university transcript or degree certificate), or overseas equivalent to this.
- You are fluent in English.
We are looking for motivated, curious and dedicated people who are:
- Outgoing investigators - You will communicate with our diverse clients to bring them the solutions they need to grow. You will demonstrate courage in solving complex problems and presenting the results to our clients.
- Fast learners - You will need to keep on top of world news, market trends and new data releases. Quickly becoming an expert in each of these areas will help you to make the right decisions for our clients.
- Analytical thinkers - Having a good eye for detail and a mind for analyzing trends will help you to deliver the most suitable products and services for clients and their companies.
- Team players - You will work alongside experienced management and peers to learn more about our products, asset classes and how to best interact with clients. Being able to work well in a team will help you further your career.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:21st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm