IBM seeks to hire a Technical Support Internship. A person interested in this role will have the opportunity to grow their technical skills in the field of technical support and acquire the knowledge that would facilitate a technical support career progression.
We are looking for analytical puzzle solvers who thrive in a driven enterprise customer support environment. You will work as part of a motivated worldwide team to assist IBM customers to perform problem determination on different HW and SW products.
We are seeking demonstrated problem solvers with proven communication skills. In this position, debugging and analysis are performed via the telephone as well as electronically. Candidates must have the desire to wow customers, articulate solutions, and options, and take the opportunity to interact with the end users, as well as the developers and sales teams to be a well-rounded contributor.
The challenge in this internship is to able to interpret complex software problems that span across multiple client and server platforms. If you are self-motivated and collaborative, join us and prepare to learn.
What You Will Do
- Responding to client queries and providing remote technical software support in a timely manner.
- Maintaining highest client satisfaction and relationships even in severe and pressurized situations.
- Interacting with client and IBM functions consistently until problem solution.
- Performing problem management and end-to-end problem ownership by analyzing problems/situations and understanding problem impact on client business.
- Employing IBM’s standard support delivery methodologies and tools.
- Following established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree; Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX and Linux).
- Working knowledge of common administration and debugging tools.
- Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IP Security (IP).
- Additional consideration for existing knowledge of IBM support tools and processes.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer driven focus.
- Good presentation skills.
- Focused & Results orientated.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Fluency in French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- C and UNIX / Linux shell script programming.
- AIX operating system; AIX (or UNIX / Linux) networking, file systems, security and administration.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen to clients and understand both situational and technical issues.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Adhere to the set working schedule, supporting 24×7 shift operations.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm