Do you want to be a consultant?
Here at IBM Services, we live and breathe a client-first mindset in everything we do. We understand our clients, advise and deliver meaningful value to them. We inspire them and help them to become their market leaders. We call it The IBM Way and we’re looking for people who share this mindset.
In consulting, you will take on new challenges every day, enjoy real responsibility from day one, work with the brightest minds in the business and help us make markets by transforming industries and professions with technology.
We are looking for ambitious graduates who are forward thinkers with imagination and drive - people who can develop big ideas and turn them into innovative solutions for our clients.
If you’re interested, our IBM Consulting Associate program is for you!
IBM Consulting Associate is our world-class program designed to develop top, entry-level consultants into tomorrow’s leaders. By providing a variety of project and role experiences, and deep skills development opportunities, our consultants are prepared to launch and accelerate their careers successfully.
The program seeks the best and brightest from all walks of life – from business to engineering; communications to computer science; analytics to application development and everything in between.
Throughout the program you will benefit from:
- Continuous on-the-job learning.
- Mentorship from your trainee manager and local mentor.
- An educational plan with classroom and virtual courses designed to accelerate your career.
- Expertise within both the Business and Technology specialisms - regardless of which programme you join.
- Ultimately carving your own career path based on your talents and aspirations.
What You Will Do
As part of the next generation of Business Consultants you will work with our clients to solve specific business problems. With excellent people skills you will bridge the gap between users and technology. This will involve working through all or any part of the project lifecycle; understanding the client’s requirements and analyzing their business and industry; advising them on best practice or recommended strategy; or designing and delivering solutions.
Projects can last anywhere from a few weeks to over a year, and can be based at a client site, an IBM location or a combination of both.
During your first 2 years, you’ll move between different assignments, working with a variety of blue-chip clients. You may be designing and building innovative customer experiences, using leading edge methods to help plan, solution and execute client work, or analyzing business requirements and configuring functional software in the next generation of applications; making a difference to our clients and to the world.
Business consulting is varied - the path you take and the velocity of your progression will be largely in your hands!
Project roles may include:
- Business Analyst.
- Project Manager Assistant.
- Change Management Consultant.
- Business Process and Functional Consultant.
- Digital Strategy Consultant.
- Experience Design Consultant.
Required Skills and Abilities
So now you know the process, what are we actually looking for? Here are our core eight competencies:
- Adaptability – How do you cope with changing demands and stress? Are you flexible? Have you successfully completed several projects with competing deadlines?
- Communication – Do you present information clearly, precisely and succinctly? Adapt the way you communicate to your audience? And listen to others?
- Client Focus – Can you see a situation from a client’s viewpoint, whether that’s colleagues or customers? Can you anticipate their needs?
- Creative Problem Solving – Do you use ingenuity, supported by logical methods and analysis, to propose solutions? Can you anticipate problems? Do you put forward innovative ideas?
- Drive – Will you proactively learn new skills – even if they’re beyond the scope of your current job? Will you put in the time and energy needed to achieve results?
- Teamwork – How do you work with others to achieve shared goals? Do you easily build relationships with others? Are you a team player?
- Passion for IBM – Do you know what IBM does and what our most recent achievements are? Are you up to speed with the latest trends in our industry? What are the biggest challenges we face? (You’ll need the facts at your fingertips and the enthusiasm to match.)
- Taking Ownership – Do you take responsibility for tasks/decisions? And implement decisions with speed? Can you show when you’ve worked to correct your mistakes?
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Consulting, Information Technology
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Nov 2021, 6:00 pm