At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling - To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems?
If so, let’s talk.
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future. We’re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, or technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients’ technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
What You Will Do
You analyze and organize the data needed and work closely with data scientists to query data in order to uncover the stories hidden in data and find patterns in the numbers. As an Associate Data Engineer, you’ll help gather and collect data, store data, and perform batch processing and real-time processing.
You’ll work closely with other teams to determine what data management systems are appropriate and which data are needed for analysis. As an Associate Data Engineer, you’ll be able to wrestle with and help solve problems associated with database integration and messy, unstructured data sets.
Work you could do as an Associate Data Engineer:
- Ability to extract required data from data warehouse for analytics use cases.
- Create data ingestion pipelines and deploy the same in production for real-time analytics under guidance and supervision from Senior in the team.
- Analyzing raw data with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work with flat files and excel files to ingest and transform data.
- Working to create relevant documentation on the engagement like data mapping, data profiling reports, architecture views, etc.
- Developing and maintaining datasets on various platforms.
- Conduct simple to complex data analysis and report on results.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling as per requirement listed down by the team.
- Combine raw information from different sources.
- Create data model on which the analytics would be built.
- Ask business and industry questions to identify appropriate modeling techniques.
- Communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You’re need to be good at solving problems by looking at things differently, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You need to thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong fundamentals in Mathematics and Computer Science (algorithms).
- Experience & Knowledge using the following software/tools - Knowledge of big data tools: Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and Informatica will be an added advantage.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Must have solid knowledge in terms of working with Excel and advanced functionality.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python (this will be an added advantage).
- Basic understanding or experience with data modeling architecture and aspect.
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies.
- You have a basic understanding of Cloud (AWS,Azure, etc.).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in IT or Computer Science or Master degree in Business Management equivalent.
- Knowledge in computer programing is a must.
- Good knowledge in terms of communication with focus in English.
- Certification in project management/ agile and design thinking will be an added advantage.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Computer Science, Information...
- Closing Date:26th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm