At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling - To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible.
Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Across the world, countries are implementing post-pandemic recovery plans, and Climate/Green investments are an essential component for countries and clients to achieve and accelerate their Sustainability and ESG goals. The global Sustainability market is expected to be $28.9B globally by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 27% and 92% of CEOs believe integration of sustainability will be critical to the future of their businesses.
IBM has led the industry in environment and climate protection with 50 years of ESG Reporting. From 1990 through 2019, IBM conserved 7.7 million MWh of electricity, avoiding 4.5 million metric tons of CO2 emissions and saving $646 million. IBM has successfully developed and deployed Sustainability solutions as “Client Zero”, and worked with industry leaders like Shell, Wells Fargo, Unilever and Yara to help establish and further their ESG goals.
We have recently launched our Sustainability and Climate Change practice to help our clients in their journey to becoming sustainable enterprises. We will bring value to our clients through industry leading Cognitive Enterprise solutions designed and delivered by GBS using AI & Hybrid Cloud, integrating IBM and Ecosystem Partner solutions.
- Are you looking for a role with greater purpose which is helping to advance our clients’ sustainability agenda?
- Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment with diverse multi-cultural teams?
- Are you interested in being a pioneer and supporting IBM APAC’s Sustainability go-to-market?
- Is planning and execution of large-scale initiatives and building communities one of your strengths?
- Are you excited about the opportunity to accelerate your learning curve and apply your newly gained skills & knowledge as you go?
If your answer to above questions is “Yes,” then you might be the right one for this exciting opportunity to join our team APAC Sustainability Team.
We are looking for highly talented and passionate individuals who are keen on doing a 6-month internship with the IBM APAC Sustainability team.
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge.
Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences - Do your best work ever.
What You Will Do
Understand Sustainability trends, conditions and landscape in APAC and work with Industry to define Industry and client specific Point of Views. Focus industries are:
- Energy & Utilities.
- Industrial Products (Manufacturing, Mining and Real Estate).
- Chemicals & Petroleum.
- Consumer Products and Retail.
- Financial Services.
Understand IBM’s Sustainability offerings portfolio and work with service line leaders to curate and adapt relevant offerings for APAC. Focus offering groups are:
- Sustainability Strategy.
- Climate Risk, Carbon and Financial Reporting.
- Electrification, Energy Transition and Emissions Management.
- Smarter Infrastructure & Intelligent Operations.
- Sustainable Supply Chain and Circularity.
- Weather Network and Services.
Contribute to sales and delivery engagements - Primary responsibilities will include market and client specific research, analysis of data and preparation of reports and presentations.
Contribute to practice building activities including curation of assets, accelerators, managing and scheduling tasks and management of the knowledge repository.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Studying for a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD in the following disciplines - Environmental Studies/Climate Change/Business Studies.
- Good understanding of information technology.
- Data Science and AI skills will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills - Able to absorb and synthesize new information quickly.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Good business acumen and broad understanding of industry trends.
- Prior experience in Sustainability (ESG) consulting or projects will be an advantage.
- Curious, hands on, able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Environment
- Closing Date:13th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm