At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling - To build - To design - To code - To consult - To think along with clients and sell. To make markets - To invent - To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible.
Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
Role and Responsibilities:
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, imagine and disrupt the future. We’re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you.
As an intern, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, or technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients’ technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Your Life @ IBM:
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful changes – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
What You Will Do
We’re looking for a real-world problem solver with technical savvy to make the impossible possible. As an intern, you’ll help design, develop, and integrate solutions using future-looking technologies, techniques, and products our clients demand today. You’ll work with clients, finding solutions to major challenges by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment.
Work you could do:
- Define, detail and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural standpoint.
- Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergoing studies in Computing Science or related course of studies.
- Demonstrated programming proficiency and experience with 1 of the following (Java, C++, Python, SQL, Hadoop, HTML, Spring Boot, Tableau, Angular, React), as well as systems design/development, and information technology course work.
- Exposure to web services, microservices, API, DevSecOps and multiple Java application frameworks highly desired.
- Familiarity with Hyperscalers (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google, IBM Cloud) and cloud native technologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:29th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm