As a Member Assistance Intern you will be responsible for the control of delinquent loan accounts, overdrawn checking account, and pending late payment reminders. You are expected to make follow up telephone calls on delinquent accounts and maintains accurate records of member contact. You will learn more about Member Assistance and the Credit Union.
What You Will Do
- Update applications and interview past due members.
- Skip trace members.
- Contact members by telephone, letter, or in person for payment arrangements and recommend extensions.
- Review delinquency reports and CPI insurance.
- Verify account research and error corrections and process repossessions.
- Work any account 15 days or more past due and collect whenever possible.
- Recommends small claims action and represents the Credit Union in court.
- Council members with financial problems.
- Make field calls to past due members.
- Recommend and process repossessions.
- Process bankruptcies, Consumer Credit Counseling Service accounts and prepare accounts for charge off.
- Promote and market the Credit Union and other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be attending school with 2 semesters or less remaining before graduation (preferred to be pursuing a business degree).
- Good communication skills.
- Adequate knowledge of collection laws.
- Ability in computer typing and input.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of Credit Union and member records at all times.
- Basic business math and English skills.
- Ability to deal with conflict, discuss problems and request payment in a professional manner.
- Professional in appearance, attitude, and verbal communications.
- Ability to make sound decisions.
- Must be willing to comply with the Bank Secrecy Act and USA Patriot Act as implemented by
- Idaho Central Credit Union.
- Job Type:Internships
Business and Commerce
- Position Type:Full time
United States (United...
- Closing Date:15th August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.