At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
On our Graduate Program, you will join a team of industry experts who will work with you to accelerate your development. With exciting learning opportunities at its core, we'll help you focus on building the essential skills needed for a successful and meaningful transition into the professional world.
Learning is a continuous journey of personal and professional development. Our holistic approach leverages classroom based, digital, and peer to peer learning opportunities throughout the program, alongside mentoring and career development guidance. You will be part of a global class, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams.
Our next Graduate Program launches in 2020. We’re looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2020.
What You Will Do
These roles sit within our Corporate Solutions team. As a shareholder identification group, the team is responsible for advising companies regarding their institutional shareholder base and equity trading activity. The team works closely with clients in the investor relations function at publicly-traded companies by providing guidance and intelligence on the strategies and trends of institutional shareholders.
- Identify and analyse institutional buyers and sellers of clients’ stocks, and provide insight, color and context around the movements.
- Deliver regular reports and ad hoc updates about noteworthy shareholder movements, and trends within the equity capital flows.
- Provide clients with intelligence on institutional investors in conjunction with their investor relations outreach efforts.
Required Skills and Abilities
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills, eligibility and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (or equivalent) completed no later than September 2020.
- This program is aimed at graduates with 0-12 months relevant experience.
- A passion or interest in Financial Markets.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2019, 6:00 pm