At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
During your summer at IHS Markit you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career. We want to build a pipeline of exceptional emerging leaders. If you excel in your internship, you could be fast tracked onto our full-time graduate program!
Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2020. We’re looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2021.
What You Will Do
Understanding the latest trends and leveraging sharp analytical skills and specialized industry expertise, our analysts deliver the data rich insights that guide our clients in long term decision making. If you are passionate about building the story behind the data, and becoming an industry or product specialist, then the Analyst stream is for you. Opportunities within this stream sit within our Corporate Solutions Advisory team, who provide data, content, and consultation to public companies, specifically those in the Investor Relations function.
- Running reports for clients.
- Assisting analysts with research.
- Monitoring equity markets.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) completing no later than September 2021.
- This program is aimed at students with 0-6 months relevant work experience.
- Excel experience.
- VBA coding experience is advantageous, but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated passion or interest in finance and economics.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2019, 6:00 pm