IHS Markit is looking to expand its Global Power and Renewable practice and is seeking a high-caliber analyst to join our fast-growing team. This Research Analyst will be an important member of our research team, supporting analysis of global power market trends and geographic expansion of the global service.
What You Will Do
The Research Analyst will conduct research on power projects and transactions, as well as contribute to global analysis and reports.
Duties And Responsibilities May Include:
- Project data tracking to support development of global market dashboards and power asset databases (coal, gas, oil, nuclear, hydro power, wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, and storage projects).
- Quantitative analysis and report writing on power sector developments. Research and analysis topics may include procurement of power assets, utility strategies, government power targets, and power market reforms.
- Harmonization of power databases and cross-database validation and quality control.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An undergraduate degree in a Science, Engineering, Economics or other quantitative field.
- A strong background in the power sector.
- Aptitude for statistical analysis.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong team player who can work across geographies and time zones.
- Excellent English communication (reading/writing/speaking) skills.
- Primary research/journalistic skills including ability to cold-call investors, developers, and engineering companies and ask questions are a plus.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Economics, Engineering, Science
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm