Make a difference and be part of something bigger. Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina iAspire internship opportunities.
During our program, you’ll learn, grow, and become a fully integrated member of the Illumina team.
Join us for our iAspire Internship Program 2021, and we'll give you an experience you'll remember for a lifetime!
Software Development Intern (18-24 weeks):
The Software Development Intern will be required to complete an 18-24 weeks program from July 2021 to December 2021. Selected candidates will be invited to submit a video interview, and top candidates will be invited to our office to attend an assessment event. Offers will be extended following the event.
The Software Development Intern will report directly to the Software Technical Leader and will be part of the Software Development team, looking at developing software for Illumina’s instruments. He/She will have the chance to be involved in the full Software Development Lifecycle, and work in an agile scrum team consisting of the product owner, testers as well as fellow Lead Developers. The successful candidate will also experience working together with the broader Development team in our headquarters, located in San Diego, US.
What You Will Do
- Work as part of Agile scrum teams to design, implement, and test the instrument software that powers our industry-leading DNA sequencing and genotyping devices.
- Participate in all aspects of our agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings and sprint demos.
- Develop software applications for Illumina’s instruments.
- Create and execute unit tests to verify functionality.
- Create and execute manual/automated tests.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
- Contribute to software design reviews and code reviews.
- Learn and have fun!
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, master’s or PhD program, ideally in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics, or Engineering.
- Experience in object-oriented programming language; C# preferred.
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals such as object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Understanding design patterns is a plus.
- Experience in extracurricular activities such as hackathon, open-source projects is a big plus.
- Passion for technology.
This internship opportunity aims to provide students whose interests and directions lie beyond research in an academic environment, with practical experience of how they can continue to apply and leverage on the knowledge they have acquired in a different role.
The goals are to help the student achieve the following learning objectives:
- Real-life experience of working within a highly-regulated global product development environment.
- Develop an understanding of product development processes and industry best practices.
- Opportunity to apply actual learning to different areas of work.
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:8th May 2021, 6:00 pm