iAspire Internship Program:
Make a difference and be part of something bigger. Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina iAspire internship opportunities. During our program, you’ll learn, grow, and become a fully integrated member of the Illumina team. Join us for our iAspire Internship Program 2021, and we'll give you an experience you'll remember for a lifetime
Software Engineer Intern (18-24 weeks):
The Software Engineer Intern will be required to complete an 18–24-week program from July 2021 to November/December 2021. Selected candidates will be invited to submit a video interview, and top candidates will be shortlisted for an assessment event. Offers will be extended following the event.
The role of the Software Engineer Intern is to develop application or web site or a portal system to support the QC and QA daily/weekly/monthly operations in terms of reporting and data analysis. Support and maintain existing web site/platforms.
This internship opportunity aims to provide students whose interests and directions lie beyond research in an academic environment, with practical experience of how they can continue to apply and leverage on the knowledge they have acquired in a different role.
The goals are to help the student achieve the following learning objectives:
- Develop an understanding the whole process on how software interacts with data source.
- Opportunity to apply every detail learned into actual software development.
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What You Will Do
- Develop, implement and maintain portal to improve the efficiency, productivity and perform root cause analysis of QC and QA operations.
- Gather user requirements and translate to functional specifications, implement solutions and enhancement projects.
- Participate in improvement teams and provide advice from the system point of view, the most efficient and effective means or ways in achieving the project goal.
- Conduct acceptance test for systems enhancement and development. Ensuring accuracy and reliability prior to implementation.
- Systems owner and administrator fully responsible to install, upgrade, integrate and resolve systems related issues.
- Develop user guides and training material for new and existing systems.
- May conduct training on these systems for quality staffs.
- May support troubleshooting and investigate Out of Specification failures.
- May support to compile and analyze data and measurement for any trends in quality and drive improvements to process or product.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate and/or master’s program, ideally in Computer Engineering, Sciences, Statistics or Engineering.
- Knowledgeable with programing language, such as .NET, C#, Java, or any equivalent.
- Competent in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Passion for technology.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software
- Closing Date:15th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm