Make a difference and be part of something bigger. Experience the breathtaking pace of genomic innovation through Illumina iAspire internship opportunities.
During our program, you’ll learn, grow, and become a fully integrated member of the Illumina team.
Join us for our iAspire Internship Program 2021, and we'll give you an experience you'll remember for a lifetime!
The Supplier Quality Engineer Intern will be required to complete a 18-24 weeks program from July 2021 to Nov/Dec 2021 period. Selected candidates will be invited to submit a video interview, and top candidates will be shortlisted for an assessment event. Offers will be extended following the event.
The Supplier Quality Engineer Intern will report directly to the Supplier Quality Manager and will be part of the team responsible for selecting, qualifying, and monitoring suppliers used by Illumina.
He/She will have the chance to be involved in working with suppliers for resolving quality issues, getting them to meet our requirements and to be involved in projects to ensure all the materials are fully qualified to ours and regulatory requirements before they can be released for production use. The activities must be in compliance to the Medical Regulatory requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices of the industry.
What You Will Do
- Support qualification of new Suppliers and Partners for materials and services including risk assessments, audits and other supplier on-boarding activities.
- Support qualification of new materials supplied by engaged suppliers to ensure all the requirements defined are met.
- Provide support to investigation teams in determining root causes on material quality issues and initiate/ensure corrective and preventive action plans are developed and executed.
- Interface with Suppliers/CM (Contract Manufacturer), Engineering/ Manufacturing/ Quality Assurance/ Procurement departments to ensure the Purchasing Control elements as defined by Illumina are met.
- Monitor to ensure supplier’s preventive and corrective actions are implemented and effective.
This internship opportunity aims to provide students whose interests and directions lie beyond research in an academic environment, with practical experience of how they can continue to apply and leverage on the knowledge they have acquired in a different role.
The goals are to help the student achieve the following learning objectives:
- Real-life experience of working within a highly-regulated global Medical Device Manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of FDA regulatory requirements (CFR 820, MDSAP and ISO 13485) for Medical Device manufacturer and especially the requirements for the Purchasing Control elements.
- Have a good understanding of Good Documentation Practices and the requirements for a Medical Device manufacturer.
- Learn how to perform the various activities like risk assessments, audits, document reviews and other assessment activities on suppliers.
- Able to conduct assessment of suppliers to verify compliance to QMS regulatory requirements, have effective process controls and ability to meet Illumina’s requirements.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, ideally in any Engineering or Life Sciences discipline.
- Developing basic knowledge of quality tools.
- Beginning to intermediate experience with Microsoft tools and spreadsheets, charting, graphing tools and presentation tools.
- May have experience with statistical analysis packages, e.g., JMP, Minitab.
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized and able to work independently and in teams.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm