Infoblox is looking for a Cyber Security Intern to work with our growing Cyber Intelligence Unit (CIU) in Tacoma, Washington.
This position will participate in vulnerability assessments and penetration tests of virtual and cloud environments and applications, evaluate the latest generation of cyber exploitation tools, investigate and validate potentially malicious domains on the Internet, and present findings to Infoblox’s Cyber Intelligence Unit.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated undergraduate or graduate student with a strong interest in learning new technologies and staying up-to-date with the cyber threat landscape. This candidate must work well in a highly dynamic environment, along with peers and experienced security analysts, to research and assess vulnerabilities, threats and attacks on enterprise products and environments. Must be able to quickly access information and data sources to determine priorities, and provide concise reporting of the issues in professional technical and business terms.
What You Will Do
- Conduct formal tests on web-based applications, networks, and other types of computer systems.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging Cyber Security techniques and technologies.
- Simulate attacks on networks, firewalls, operating systems and web applications.
- Create reports of vulnerability assessment and penetration test results, and present them to key stakeholders, system owners, architects and product managers.
- Track the remediation / mitigation of known vulnerabilities, and drive them to resolution.
- Participate in product security incident response activities and assist with identifying and driving the resolution.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Qualified applicants will be undergraduate or graduate students (Masters or PhD) who are enrolled on at least a half-time basis at an accredited college or university. Typically, a student should have achieved sophomore status before being considered for an assignment.
- A student may be required to provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university program upon request prior to employment.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the field of information security.
- Familiarity with virtual, cloud and containerized computing environments.
- Knowledge of OSI Layer 7 Model, Network Architecture and Network Topology.
- Experienced in communicating security risks in business terms that can be clearly understood at all levels of the organization.
- Job type:Internships
Tacoma (United States)
- Closing Date:15th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm