The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders. IA took over the supervision of insurance intermediaries from the three Self-Regulatory Organizations in September 2019 and has become the sole regulator for granting licences and setting conduct requirements concerning insurance intermediaries in Hong Kong.
Our Management Trainee Scheme aims to develop high calibre fresh and recent graduates as competent managerial talents in support of the service needs and development of IA, and provide them with the opportunities to develop a challenging and rewarding career in the insurance sector.
Successful candidates will undergo a 3-year structured programme to develop themselves to assume managerial roles with IA. Please visit Management Trainee Scheme for details of the Scheme.
Provide professional / executive support for various functions, including regulating insurers and insurance intermediaries, and formulating regulatory policies and development of initiatives on promoting the insurance industry
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, actuarial science, insurance, business administration, computer science, engineering, data analytics or other related disciplines
- Good academic results with predicted upper second-class honours or above
- Genuine passion for pursuing a career in public service and/or insurance sector
- A team player with leadership potential
- Strong analytical and communication skills and self-motivated
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (preferably including Putonghua)
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 31 December 2020, or until the posts are filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of application explaining why you are interested in the above post, together with a full resume with public examination results and university transcripts to [email protected]
Applications with incomplete information may not be processed further.
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of applications.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Citizen, Other, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 3:59 pm