Artificial intelligence is shaping the future of insurance. Our latest lab is located in the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park to turn this vision into a reality. As Canada's largest home, auto and business insurer, we're here to cultivate the next generation of technology and talent. Together, we're helping our customers protect what matters to them most through the power of data science, machine learning and AI.
Calling all AI and machine learning students! We have a fantastic opportunity for Data Scientist Intern to join our team for winter (January to May 2022) or summer term (May to September 2022) for a minimum of 3 months.
What You Will Do
- Use machine learning and advanced statistics to help build innovative solutions for real-life customer and business problems
- Explore new technologies to use in your own solutions
- Grow alongside a diverse team of world-class experts in data science, software engineering, actuarial science, business and design
- Transform data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Validate the scientific methodology and project outputs of the other team members
- Write well-designed, efficient code that can be tested, and tested, and tested
- Collaborate with our teams in HK & Canada to share knowledge, learnings, results, and tools
- All this plus great work-life balance!
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, science, engineering, statistics, AI, computer science or a related field.
- Relevant experience in predictive modelling, machine learning and advanced statistics solving business problems is an asset
- Knowledge of the underlying theory and implementation details of machine learning techniques such as clustering, decision trees, neural networks, Linear and Non-Linear Programming, Deep Learning (ANN, RNN, CNN) and
- Reinforcement Learning
- Experience with our tech stack is an asset: scikit-learn, xgboost, pytorch, tensorflow, LightGBM, pandas, numpy
- Programming experience in languages such as Python or R
- Unlimited curiosity and a passion to challenge the status quo
- Ability to focus on vaguely defined issues requiring the application of a creative approach
- Excellent communication, organization and a collaborative attitude
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:25th Sep 2021, 6:00 pm