Intel's Governments Markets and Trade team has a 1 year opening for a government and policy intern to support the team on policy development and government relations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The intern will be based in Johannesburg and be responsible for monitoring legislative developments and representing the company on policy legislative and regulatory matters in key countries in Africa, relevant African Institutions, external partners, trade associations and non-governmental organizations.
The position reports to the Government and Policy Director for Africa and receives direction from other Policy Directors as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University degree preferably in Law, Public Policy, Economics or Political Science.
- Knowledge of policies impacting the tech sector.
- Specific knowledge of privacy and security policies or digital trade policies is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical oral and written communication skills and the ability to advocate complex technical and policy issues.
- Knowledge or experience of working with African institutions policies legislative processes and government relations in African countries.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a cross functional capacity within a fast paced international environment.
- Advanced spoken and written English is essential and additional language eg French is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Economics, Law, Science
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:19th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm