Intel's International Government Affairs team has a one-year opening for a Policy Intern/Policy Analyst to support the team on Policy Development and Government Relations in Africa. The intern will be based in Johannesburg and will be responsible for monitoring legislative developments and supporting the business on policy, legislative and regulatory issues in key countries in Africa.
In addition, the intern will also support our engagements with external partners, professional associations, and non-governmental organizations.
The position reports to the Director, Government Affairs Africa and receives direction from other Policy Directors as required. The position is remote, however, there will be opportunities to meet with the team face to face in different occasions.
What We Offer:
At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure - we know that’s how innovation happens. And you’ll never be bored.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University degree, preferably in Law, Public Policy, Economics, Political Science, or Engineering.
- Knowledge of policies impacting the tech sector.
- Strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to advocate complex technical and policy issues.
- Knowledge or experience of working with African institutions, policies, legislative processes, and governments relations in African countries.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a cross-functional capacity within a fast-paced international environment.
- Advanced spoken and written English is essential and additional language e.g., French is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Data Science and Analytics, Economics, Law,...
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:21st Apr 2022, 6:00 pm