With approximately US$68 billion assets under management, Invesco Real Estate (IRE) is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. IRE manages listed and unlisted real estate funds and separate accounts. The mission of IRE’s Global Research Group is to support the business by enhancing investment performance and company brand profile through the integration of sound empirical research on the underlying real estate markets into our firm’s processes and strategies.
Working in our Global Research Group, the role of the Global Real Estate Research Intern is to contribute to the development of thought leadership through empirical research and analytics that ultimately lead to favorable investment performance for our clients. The assignment will last a total of 8 to 10 weeks, beginning in May/June and continuing through July/August.
What You Will Do
- Working with full-time IRE research analysts, develop analytical tools useful toward identifying market trends and understanding the characteristics of IRE’s investment performance.
- Articulate (verbally and in writing) the approach and methodology of analytics development to colleagues within the Research team and internal clients.
- Participate in global and US research meetings by providing insights on regional and property sector trends and outlook.
- Create, update, and modify materials for marketing and client presentations under the direction of the Head of Global Research.
- Adv Global Research Database usage by creating different report templates by aggregating & synthesizing regional data to be used in prep. of House View materials & selected other automated outputs as deemed appropriate by Head of Global Research.
- Carry out a high-level desk review of opportunities for IRE in Latin America and recommend strategic priorities.
- Develop a Case for Infrastructure white paper that analyses the role of infrastructure investment in a mixed real assets portfolio in conjunction with the Global Research Analyst.
- Develop data visualizations that communicate intuitively the materiality of the results.
- Respond promptly and effectively to members of the Research team.
- Undertake other special projects as assigned by the Head of Global Research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be an actively enrolled college student.
- Pursuance of graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum requirement of pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or a related discipline.
- Strong computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g., eViews) and programming languages (e.g., SQL and R) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Macrobond, NCREIF, MSCI IPD, RCA and other routinely used data sources would be an advantage.
- Must have outstanding analytical and technical database skills.
- The successful applicant will be highly motivated and able to demonstrate and ability to work independently and in groups.
- An understanding of demographic and economic analysis is required.
- An understanding of commercial real estate fundamentals and investment principles is preferred.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills are required.
- Strong business writing skills are required.
- Uses knowledge to add value - Proactively and effectively contributes analysis, analytic, and investment ideas, verbally and in writing, to more experienced research team members and the Head of Global Research.
- Business knowledge - Keeps up to date on investment market trends, techniques and tools that add value to the investment process.
- Shares, reviews and presents investment information internally - Openly offers recommendations and solutions to enhancing investment process.
- Manages self and team through periods of ambiguity.
- Maintains and exhibits a commitment to research’s role in the company to top-down analysis and effectively applies this commitment while also appreciating and understanding the role other groups and individuals serve.
- Takes responsibility for the importance of role in ensuring client’s objectives are obtained.
- Looks first to resolve areas of conflict directly with team members and understands other’s perspectives and proposes solutions.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and enthusiasm for the real estate investment business.
- Compliance awareness - Fully understands and directly adheres to INVESCO Compliance policies and procedures.
- Personal accountability and continuous improvement.
- Accepts ownership and responsibility for outcomes.
- Anticipates obstacles and develops plans to overcome them.
- Looks for ways to improve existing processes.
- Productive collaboration.
- Share expertise.
- Seeks input from others.
- Listen well.
- Makes full use of others’ expertise.
- Constructively addresses obstacles to effective team work.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Texas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2020, 6:00 pm