With approximately US$70 billion assets under management, Invesco Real Estate (IRE) is one of the world’s leading real estate investment managers. IRE manages listed and unlisted real estate funds and separate accounts. The mission of IRE’s Global Research Group is to support the business by enhancing investment performance and company brand profile through the integration of sound empirical research on the underlying real estate markets into our firm’s processes and strategies.
Within our North American team, the role of the Research Analytics Intern is to contribute to IRE’s investment research by identifying geospatial patterns of performance and change agents that transform locations. This role requires a creative approach to developing strategic analysis and to working with large data sets that integrate research best practices, applied economics, and business and spatial analytics. The assignment will last a total of 8 to 10 weeks, beginning in May/June and continuing through July/August.
What You Will Do
- Apply business and geospatial analytics to enhance our approach to investment strategy, fundamentals analysis, pricing and value analysis, and granular research.
- Contribute to the Research team’s analysis of the U.S. real estate investment market from a macro perspective, as well as from a spatial, granular point of view across locations and property sectors.
- Compile geographic data from various internal and external sources related to property-level and location-oriented performance and underlying drivers (e.g., walkability, demographic and psychographic characteristics, etc.).
- Create reports, thematic layers of geospatial information, and related maps, tables, and charts that depict investment performance and the growth, concentration, and characterization of underlying performance drivers.
- Identify frameworks for applying multiple metrics that give insight to correlations, lead-lag relationships, if/then relationships, and related factors reflecting cause-and-effect.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the Head of Research for North America and Head of Global Research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Academic emphasis in Data Science, Geographic Information Systems, Business Analytics, combined fields, or related fields is required.
- Graduate degree students are preferred.
- Competent working knowledge with geospatial applications (e.g., GIS software; geospatial coding in R, Python, SQL) is required.
- Competent working knowledge of the link between geospatial applications and business analytics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ESRI products (including ArcGIS and Business Analyst) is preferred.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- An additional understanding of commercial real estate fundamentals and investment performance is preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Data Science and...
Texas (United States...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2020, 6:00 pm