As a Software Engineer at IRESS, you will be responsible for ensuring continuous innovation and development of IRESS Products from inception to deployment and production support. You will work as an integral part of creative and motivated teams to ensure high quality benchmarks are met for deliveries of innovative products for global markets.
What You Will Do
- Use your creative, analytical and problem solving skills to contribute in developing world-leading products for financial markets and wealth management domains.
- Perform software engineering tasks to ensure the highest levels of product quality are met.
- Perform programing and problem determination.
- Review and analyze business requirements, develop system software and system solutions to extend and enhance IRESS product offering.
- Develop high quality automation test scripts to improve test coverage, product quality and time to market.
- Assist in identifying product and process weaknesses and possible improvements in an environment of continual improvement.
- Analyse system and production defects, including troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Learn from industry specialists and apply best practices to further match our customer needs.
- Keep up to date with technical trends, tools and methodologies, undertake research as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Computer Science degree, diploma or similar.
- 65% pass rate in your undergraduate.
- No previous participation in a graduate/internship programme.
- No previous employment in IT EE position.
- Excellent trouble-shooting, logical thinking and deductive skills.
- Maintained focus and concentration under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, planning, and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player, and show dedication to the immediate team and company goals.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Flexible and adaptive.
- South African citizenship.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm