This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of a project. Specifications are prepared, and necessary subcontracts and requisitions are defined.
The incumbent has basic knowledge of concepts, principles, and theories in the subject area or discipline. The person has a general understanding of the role of the team/ department and industry practice and standards.
To provide geotechnical support services to office, e.g. for geotechnical studies of slopes, retaining walls, foundations and civil engineering projects.
This position will be hired under Halcrow China Limited a subsidiary of Jacobs.
At Jacob we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enable us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. At Jacobs, it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts!
What You Will Do
- To support the geotechnical team in undertaking geotechnical assessments for slopes, retaining walls, foundations, etc. To undertake supervision of ground investigations as required.
- To assist in the production of technical reports such as Stage 2 and 3 reports, EI reports etc.
- To undertake supervision of construction works for Government or Private projects as needed.
- Under supervision, the individual performs basic aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Using prescribed methods, under supervision, performs specific tasks for engineering assignments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BEng in civil engineering or similar with significant geotechnical content.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Understands the fundamentals of geotechnics and has good knowledge of HK geology and geotechnical practice.
- Ability to use geological/geotechnical/geospatial software such as DIPS, Slope/w, ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of aerial photograph interpretation and/or GIS would be an advantage.
- Graduate member of HKIE or similar professional body (HKIE Geotechnical Division preferred).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Civil Structural
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:10th Dec 2019, 6:00 pm