At Jacobs, you will work with the most talented professionals and thought leaders to shape the future of the global professional services sector as we deliver ground-breaking and life-changing solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15 billion in fiscal 2018 revenue and a talent force of more than 80,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
About the opportunity
The Graduate Geotechnical/ Structural/ Civil Engineer undertakes initial professional engineering tasks of limited scope and complexity, such as minor phases of broader assignments, under direct engineering supervision. These tasks will include geotechnical site investigation and design input. Site investigations and supervision will initially be under experienced supervision but independent field work will be expected.
What you will do
Key responsibilities include:
- Support for experienced staff
- Undertaking Geotechnical/ Structural/ Civil desk studies and office-based
- Research, and the derivation of ground models for engineering projects
- Responsible for the production of geotechnical interpretive and design reports
- Undertake a wide variety of geotechnical design input including foundation
- Design, stability assessments and ground improvement programs
- Conducting fieldwork, including walkovers, geotechnical site investigations including the supervision of geotechnical contractors, and construction inspections
Required Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering (Honours)
- Experience in engineering investigation methods, approaches, analysis and design
- Understands the fundamentals of geotechnics/ structural/ civil and has good knowledge of HK geology and geotechnical/ structural/ civil practice
- A good knowledge of relevant HK standards and design codes
- Assistant in the preparation of drawings, technical reports, scopes of work, specifications, project definition design documents, and design criteria documents
- Technical support to other Engineers, contract administrators and procurement officers
- Knowledge of Autocad / MicroStation, aerial photograph interpretation and/GIS and BIMS
- Scheme A training will be provided
- Good written and spoken English & Chinese
To support your professional growth, Jacobs has a host of social, health and well being events and initiatives that underpins our commitment to you. Rethinking how you work, our culture at Jacobs means it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts! It’s a great time to join Jacobs. Achieve more with a global brand!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:9th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm