Reporting directly to the Discipline Director, Head Project Architect, or Discipline Specialist, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
What You Will Do
- Plans and programs layout of project(s); coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents.
- Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates.
- Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost.
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project.
- Design work to be reviewed and stamped by a Registered Architect.
- Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required.
- Intern Development Program candidate is required.
- Basic knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and
- Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings is required.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required.
- Ability to work independently at times when given a set of instructions is required.
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time is required.
- Minimum 1 summer internship utilizing AutoCAD and Revit is preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Texas (United States...
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2019, 6:00 pm