Jaguar Land Rover North America’s internship program is a great opportunity for college students, or who are currently in a graduate school program, to gain hands-on experience in the exciting world of the automotive industry.
What You Will Do
The Information Technology (IT) function within Jaguar Land Rover North America is responsible for a number of key services, from Strategy, Project delivery, End User Services and the day to day operations of a number of critical applications.
The Information Technology team has developed a highly collaborative and empowering environment allowing us to effectively and efficiently respond to the constant and ever-changing needs of the wider business.
This exciting role will allow the person to experience all of these areas during the internship, working closely with other business areas as well as suppliers, partners and our global IT colleagues.
Areas of responsibility will be (3 to 4 months in each area):
IT Product Management:
Working closely with other business teams in areas such as Engineering, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing and others, to help define IT solutions / strategy and deliver projects.
Working on critical projects responsible for enhancing or adding to our technical services, managing changes to our production systems, overseeing application maintenance, working with Port Operations on network performance or fixing technology issues.
End User Services:
This is all about our internal customers, providing great service and keeping people working. Providing great service in our state of the art Headquarters by either making our new Tech Bar more effective, or helping people solve problems with technology and making progress towards our vision of digital workplace, or developing our roadmap by trying the latest devices.
- Oversee the development of a new mobile application.
- Deliver a new IT service to our users.
- Support building the IT Strategy.
- Deliver an IT change project with one of our technology partners.
- Support in the scoping and negotiation of a new major IT contract.
- Identify and deliver new innovative technology in our HQ around Digital workplace.
- Support the roll-out of a major new service, e.g. Office 365, Windows 10.
- Gain a deeper understanding of corporate technologies.
- Understand how an organization uses technology to drive value.
- Managing change.
- Developing a strategy.
- Personal effectiveness and drive to complete projects.
- Influencing and relationship building.
- New technologies and how to apply them.
- IT suppliers, negotiations and an understanding of the IT industry.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress, or pursuing a graduate studies degree during the time of the internship.
- 3.0 GPA equivalent or higher.
- Interest and some experience in Technology (Apps, Devices, Programming, AI, Data, Hardware, Software).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Experience with additional Microsoft applications (SharePoint, Teams, Forms, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills and have a desire to learn more about corporate operations.
- Job type:Internships
New Jersey (United...
- Closing Date:10th May 2019, 6:00 pm