About the Program
Our internships center around hands-on mentorship and a robust educational curriculum that includes challenging classes, interactive sessions, and small group discussions. Over the course of 10-12 weeks, you’ll be matched with full-time employees in your role who will mentor you as you tackle real-world projects they design. You’ll also be able to access our physical and virtual educational resources, attend guest speakers and social events, and hopefully get a real sense of what it would be like to work here full time.
If you’ve never thought about a career in finance, you’re in good company—many of us were in the same position before working here. If you have a curious mind, a collaborative nature, and a passion for solving interesting problems, we have a feeling you’ll fit right in.
About the Position
As a Business Development intern, you’ll learn how we solve problems across departments to support the firm’s growth in an incredibly competitive global market. This program is the internship counterpart to our full-time Rotational Development Program, and combines big-picture thinking with deep dives into data and documentation.
Our Business Development team sits at the intersection of several teams, including Trading, Technology, Risk, Compliance, Finance, Operations, and more. With this unique, holistic perspective, interns are able to see how all parts of the firm interact and intersect with each other, getting a comprehensive overview of our business.
During the program, you'll work on live projects that expose you to the wide variety of problems we solve every day. You might help identify and resolve bottlenecks; automate existing manual processes; and integrate new trade flows into our operational, regulatory, and technical infrastructure. In the process, you will need to gather information and feedback from multiple stakeholders and coordinate closely with several internal groups.
We don’t expect you to have a background in finance or any other specific field—we’re looking for smart people who enjoy solving interesting problems. We’re more interested in how you think and learn than what you currently know. You should be:
- Planning to graduate in 2024
- Excited to engage with diverse topics in finance, technology, and the law
- Interested in developing a broad range of technical skills, from project management, to working with data, to understanding and writing code
- Self-motivated, organized, careful, and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal, communication, and time-management skills
- Able to exercise good judgment and eager to ask questions, admit mistakes, and learn new things
- Fluent in English
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics, Science
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2023, 12:59 pm